Sunday 8 February 2009
...& with a companion moon over my shoulder, & feeling far to lazy to roll the Igdlorssuit Anas in bitter seas cut with an ice wind, I walked silent as a Buddhist monk amongst snowed in boulders & took some shots of that playground we love most of all, the ocean...I stayed until well after dark, down climbing wee cliffs patchworked in ice & frozen kelp, snot dangling from my nose like a shoelace & fingers so numb the camera turned into an intiutive brail machine.

Peace can be found in the oddest places, the slightest immersion. I think the additional colour shots, taken without a filter & using only available light, may cause Douglas to have a funny turn.
I'm going to try some long exposure shots while rolling & exercising on the Qajaasaarneq ropes soon, & we shall see what occurs...


Available Light


Remnants of Simple Prosperity
 
posted by •≈ Sgian Dubh at 19:50:00 |


2 Retorts:


At 9 February 2009 at 21:18, Blogger Douglas Wilcox

Nice work Si, very, very nice work. :o)

 

At 10 February 2009 at 14:05, Blogger •≈ Sgian Dubh

Thank you Douglas. I seem to be stuck in experimentation mode with this new camera. I havn't had as much fun on dry land since the Rolleiflex SL35E which is still alive, or the Canon EOS 5, which now lives at the bottom of a very deep crevasse...

Just followed your St.Kilda posts avidly. Of course, I understand your addiction fully & understand less why people head off to Torremolinos for spam & chips each year when many of our coasts & soaring archipelagos remain silently unexplored. I still haven't covered half of Ardnamurchan, never mind Spain!:o)