•≈ Brrr...
Thursday 28 February 2008
Shivering, sweating, coughing & puking. Add constricted throat & lungs feeling like they've been filled with concrete. Niiiice! This virus has been hellish. Add random total loss of balance when walking & burning leg muscles like I'd been running the Cuillin ridge again... All that time the collie sat on the end of the bed piling up toys, balls, random socks, empty mineral water bottles & with interrogating eyes, asking Why are we not playing outside? The gales & the rain & the dog circumnavigated my bed through each night as company & it invariably helped me sleep in patches, the sound of wind through a slightly open window, the dogs patrolling growl. By Wednesday 27 I had neared 98 hours of nil-by-mouth infliction, but had at last started to think about trying to get something by my lips other than occasional warm tea....a whole cracker maybe. I was also able to sit on the floor by the pc, wearing the downy like a giant shroud or cloak, eyes streaming, head swimming & feeling like some sort of wierd Jedi master who's main ability in using The Force, is to constantly spawn hundreds of paper Chrysanthemums out of cheap Coop boggie roll wherever he goes. I'll get back to work on the Rolling With Dubside dvd review when I can also figure out how to capture stills of the movie on desktop in jpeg form...
Today is Thursday & after a night & half a days sleep I feel incrementally more back on form, although, I think this virus has partially eaten my brain as well. Maybe I've been rewired & kayaking backwards will be the norm...
As an aside, I dont go down easy, & I don't do man flu, but this felt malarial. I never pop pills or drown in tonics for things like this becuase I believe in letting the body muster it's own army against infection whenever possible. What good is an immune system when it's turned into a local chemist junkie? You might pay the price while you're going through the worst of it, but it sets your system up strongly for the year.

Coincidence? Exactly 24 hours before this hit, I was visiting a dear old friend of mine in the local hospital...

 
posted by •≈ Sgian Dubh at 14:17:00 |


0 Retorts: