Saturday 14 February 2009
There's always time for a swift right hand turn in the kayak for Dhail Beag when travelling the Western Edge. Ergo, there is always time for a quiet photo oppurtunity.
The surf will ferry you swiftly in, between proud soaring cliffs arches & stacs to a perfect beach landing every time, & as soon as you set foot on sand, it rains. So I laid down in the river for a while, nose to nose with a stone, to feel drier.

The secretive Fhorsa - on the way to Dail Beag

Rubha Robhanais again - note the scratch of light toward the NW corner.
This was a trawler spotlight & shows the exposure drift on a 60 second shutter opening.


Some dedicated qajaq posts are drafted & waiting for the near future while I get over the addiction of a new camera. These will cover a series of technical Greenlandic rolls, some on film, survival techniques covering making substantial use of the ocean environment [natures supermarket], night kayaking & various restorations & builds. I hope you can all forgive my brief excursion into obsessive photography posts. We will be back to kayaks & rolling shortly. Now, where did I put that ND filter... :o)
 
posted by •≈ Sgian Dubh at 22:10:00 |


3 Retorts:


At 24 February 2009 at 15:52, Blogger Emily

I like the one with the lighthouse :o]

 

At 1 March 2009 at 13:10, Blogger •≈ Sgian Dubh

Ohno! The teenagers are invading! This blog is for serious kayakers & hardmen only Mimly. We can start forest fires from rubbing our beards! - this is not a place for Uni girls who eat cakes :o)

 

At 1 March 2009 at 13:11, Blogger •≈ Sgian Dubh

Ah...I'll try & sort you a bigger version from RAW in an email in the near future...if I can find it again inside the junkyard of images that is my computers hard drive.