•≈ Solitude
Sunday 23 March 2008
En route & alone again, heading Cuddy Point through the open Minch waters, to Berneray & N.Uist catching a slingshot up along Mangersta.
I'm just going outside & I may be some time... seemed the most appropriate light-hearted quote of departure, given the encroaching weather conditions. I wasn't to be proved wrong either.

•≈

Escaping through Atlantic driven winter surf along the exposed outer Western edge of the Hebrides can often be in total contrast to the inner sounds... Add random hail squalls to taste...I was enjoying myself so much, I almost forgot I was supposed to be escaping.
Like a quiet moment in a classic symphony where you hang emotional on the skin of becalmed waters, marvelling silent at black horizons streaked with light, or like inside a crescendo of rolling thunder where you bang the drum to an increased pace of heartbeat & fury...Solitude, equally, comes in many forms.

This is in part, why we do what we do.
 
posted by •≈ Sgian Dubh at 23:20:00 |


3 Retorts:


At 1 April 2008 at 22:28, Blogger eurion

Fantastic Surf and picture. I am in jaw dropping awe.

 

At 6 April 2008 at 01:07, Blogger •≈ Sgian Dubh

Thank you Eurion. If you ever find yourself up this way I'd be happy to introduce you to some of the wild Atlantic West island coast roller venues. Maybe also in a skin-on-frame? :o)

 

At 25 April 2008 at 12:41, Blogger eurion

I might just take you up on that offer one day . . .